Friday, November 1, 2013

F**k Cancer




He's 17 years old. He's a senior in high school, He plays Lacrosse and loves hanging out with his friends. He loves drawing. He's my heart. He lights up our lives and makes my weekends brighter. He's my friend. He's my brother. He's fighting cancer.
Four years ago we were preparing to have our second son. Just days before my scheduled c-section our world was turned upside down. My baby brother had cancer. They had removed his thyroid hoping it would help. A couple of years later, it was another surgery. Then another. Now here we are four years later and he's still fighting. This time it's bladder cancer and prostate cancer. He's 17! It's so surreal. It's not fair. He's a kid. He's in high school. He should be worried about girls and grades. Not cancer. If I could take this from him, I would do it in a heart beat. He has so much life in him. He's a fighter. He's the most amazing 17 year old I have ever met. Through all of this, he keeps a brave face and moves on. I know he's scared, but he doesn't show it. His strength give me strength. He's showing me that he WILL fight this. He has cancer. Cancer doesn't have him! He's the bravest person I know. I can't imagine my life without him. I love him like he's one of mine. Fuck cancer. Cancer will not take him from me. CANCER WILL NOT TAKE HIM FROM ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment