Friday, July 17, 2009

My Baby Brother

My family has been through so much since 2004. My mom was hit by a car and killed, my dad passed unexpectedly from congestive heart failure, my daughter died 6 hours after birth.... the list goes on. Well, we found out earlier this week that my 13 year old brother needed his thyroid removed. The doctors told my step dad that the thyroid could be cancerous.

Well, he went in for surgery to have it removed yesterday at 1:00pm. We were told the surgery would be about 5 hours. Well, after 8:00 came around, no one knew what was going on and everyone was getting worried. Finally, at about 9ish, we got the call...

My 13 year old baby brother had tumors all over his thyroid. They had also found a bunch in his lungs. We still didn't know everything but we knew most of it...

Well, finally at about 10 they took him out of surgery and put him in a room. We were then told the news...

My brother has cancer at 13. He has it in his thyroid, lungs, spinal cord, vocal cords, and his chest cavity is caked with it. We haven't been able to talk with the oncologist yet. But from what they have told us, there isn't much they can do. The cancer is that bad.

The doctors said it looks like this cancer has been growing for at least 8 or 9 years.

I am so mad... so sad.... I just can't believe this shit keeps happening to my family. Haven't we already been through enough? I can't go see my brother because he's 2 hours away in a hospital and I can't travel that far. I feel so helpless right now. I just don't know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment