Saturday, January 15, 2011

Myles Joseph




Well, I didn't expect to be making a post about Myles' birth so soon, but he decided he was going to have more fun if he came out a little early. So, January 12th at 8:10pm Myles made his way into the world and into our lives. He was 10 weeks early so we were not expecting to meet him so soon. January 10th, I woke up to a gush at 5am. I knew what it was as soon as it happened. It wasn't a HUGE gush, just a small one so I decided to go back to bed and see what happened. Throughout the morning, it just kept leaking and knew I had to go in. We ended up at the hospital at about 2pm. The doctors confirmed that I had ruptured and decided the best thing to do would be to keep me there until I delivered. We were thinking it was going to be a long 2-4 weeks. Well, Myles had other plans. Weds. night, the doctors noticed that Myles' heart rate was dropping then picking back up. They told me to call Brett and get him up there ASAP. So, I called Brett and within about 3 minutes of hanging up with him, they were wheeling me back for an emergency c-section. I don't remember all of it because I was pretty much freaking out the entire time. I was scared to death because this baby was coming very early and I was going into it all alone. I couldn't believe that I was laying on an operating table without Brett by my side. It was tough. So, after about 10 minutes, Myles was out and screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment