Friday, January 21, 2011

You gotta take the good with the bad...

So, I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Myles was put back on the nasal cannula today. I was at Target with Jakob shopping for some new clothes for Myles... I came home and Brett told me that the NICU had called because Myles was having a hard time breathing. They put him back on the nasal cannula and he's been fine since. It scares me to know that he's still a fragile little person who should still be in my belly. We also got some good news with the bad. Myles has finally passed his birth weight!! He started out at 3lbs 8ozs and has been losing since he was born. The nurses and doctors assured us that this is normal. At his lowest, he was 3lbs 2ozs. This morning the nurse weighed him and he was 3lbs 5ozs. Tonight she weighed him again and he is now at 3lbs 9ozs!! He's finally bigger than he was at birth! Now we just have to keep stacking the pounds on him. He's just a tiny little guy. The more he gains, the better! It was nice to get some good news. I was getting a little concerned about his losing weight. Now we can celebrate because he is gaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment