Monday, June 8, 2009

My mom


Brett and I have been together since August of 2001. We met through a mutual friend and have been inseparable since. He is my rock. He has stuck by me through so much! He was there for my December 28th 2004 when my mom was hit by a car and killed. It ripped me apart.
I remember like it was yesterday...
I talked to my mom on the phone at about 9:00pm. She was with kids and Andy at a restaurant having dinner. They had just gotten home from Chicago. I was talking to her about the hamsters I got Jenny and A.J. for Christmas. She said they were multiplying like crazy! lol I told her I loved her and we hung up. I had no idea that would be the last time I ever talked to my mom. My phone was ringing all night but I was in bed and didn't answer. I can remember hearing it riniging but I was so tired. At about 2:00am I heard someone at my front door. I still like an idiot, didn't answer. Finally at about 5:00 am I heard my front door open and my dad yell for me. I shot out of bed. It's never good when dad shows up at 5am. I ran in the living room thinking something had happened to my Grandpa. But when I saw my dad he just looked me in my eyes and said the words I never dreamed I'd hear. "Nichole, your mom is gone." I thought she left. It took about 30 seconds for me to realize what he meant. In my whole life, I'd never seen my dad cry like that. I just started screaming "NO NO NO!!" while my dad held me. My dad, Brett, and I got in my dads car and he drove us to my moms house. There were so many people there. Andy was just walking around in a daze. It was horrible. Brett was so great with helping me that night. I wouldn't have been able to manage without him by my side. I can remember Brett and my dad standing outside with me. Just being with me during one of the worst days of my life.
I felt lost, scared, angry, just about every emotion you can imagine. Everyone kept telling me that it would get better but it never did. Even now, almost 5 years later, the pain is just as bad. Brett was there for me whenever I needed someone to talk to. He felt the pain right along with me. My mom loved Brett and he loved her. I can remember laying in bed screaming because I felt so helpless. Brett held me and just let me know he was there for me. I can never thank him enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment